Section beams between layered modell

Hello everybody,

I have a layered model and I would like to insert vertical supports to support the horizontal planes. However, these beams (or whatever I should call it) should not overhang at the inner or outer edges.
Can someone help me there maybe?
At the end they should h

Question_01.3dm (952.8 KB)
ave about a cross-section in the form of the blue lines.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello
I didn’t look to you file. But there is a solution here to get the intersection of region.

Thank you very much for your help.
But somehow this approach does not work for me. Or either I’m doing something wrong or I do not understand it. I hope you can help me again. Please. Need your help

Many people can help. But your problem is not very clear. Where is your problem exactly. A problem with grasshopper ? No idea how to begin ?
Doing your work is sometime cool for me or others. But you will not learn a lot. So it is also good that you show of your progress.
I understand that the script doesnt fit exactly your purpose, it is the way of doing that could be instructive.

And why your structure has a sort of missing part on the upper part ?

Some news, I tested region intersection and I have many fails, with curves, mesh, brep … Not easy :frowning:

Not easy, there are many problems with your brep. here is a, example, not perfect at the moment, still some problems I don’t understand.

boot supports.gh (437.3 KB)
You have just to provide curves on XY plane where you want your supports.

1 Like

Thank you very much. This is pretty awesome.
I Just tried it with section crvs.

I’ve also tried to solve it in grasshopper.
Bur for some reason it does not work for all curves together, but only if I give part of the curves as input. Do you’ve an idea why?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I really appreciate that
Question_02.gh (79.6 KB)
Question_02.3dm (1009.8 KB)

I will see that tomorrow. It is quite challenging because there are many problems with function that are here to resolve such problem. Region intersection for example.
The way I choose at the end could work but I must miss something with “datatree” … !

You’re awesome. I thank you so much

Hello I found my errors,
Brep Closest Point is not enough to handle many geometries so I used Closest Geometry from Peacock from Daniel Albade

I also made a mistake with Relative Item, I forgot to put a true.
I add to simplify geometry, and follow the flow, classical debug…

boot supports v2.gh (903.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much laurent. But everytime I your script it looks like this:

Although I’ve all PlugIns installed

If it is just a render problem, suppress the render preview.

But this is what I get when I bake the result:

1 Like

It is alwas to say from photo.
Do you have Rhino 5 or 6 ?
Is extrusion giving something ? Put a panel at the end
Do you see the lines that are used to generate the frames ?
I get that

I use rhino 5 64bit.
Grasshopper 0.9.0076

This is the output of some data components:

Split Breps doesn’t work in V5 !!!
So here a workaround, at the end there was many workarounds !!! To victory long is the path :beers:

Important is to debug, use this button to follow the flow of definition

boot support V2 for V5.gh (662.3 KB)

Thank you sooooooooo much. You rock a lot :slight_smile:

Finally I try to understand what you did. Thank you so much!

I hope you’ll have a great day.

Best regards

Last question:

Do you use Rhino 6?
Just heard that it’s still WIP. Is it really useable or are there still many bugs?

Thank you again

Yes I use most of the time Rhino 6 but almost just for Grasshopper 1.0. For me there are less bugs than in 5 because I work with Rhinocommon (C# medium level function) and there are some more functionality in Grasshopper 1.0 vs 0.9 (in Rh 5).
RH 6.0 is nearly official (in a week ?)