Round corner and ruled surface does not work properly when offseting a curve in the negative direction

Hi everyone,

I am creating some parametric shelves. They are supposed to have curved corners, so to make that I decided to offset the primitive curve, round the corners of the offset curve and create a plane between the two curves using the ruled surface component. It works ok, but when I offset the primitive curve in the negative direction, which is the right one for my model, neither the round corner nor the ruled surface seems to work properly. I really can’t understand why. Does anyone have a clue?

Prateleiras parametricas.gh (8.1 KB)

Thank you!

Can you internalize your data?

Than you for your response!

I really don’t know how to do this. Could you give me a more detailed explanation or send me a link where I can learn about it?

Thank you Michael! I got it. Unfortunately, I tried internalizing the data, but I keep having the same problem.

I just found that when I offset on the positive direction it creates planar curves and when I offset on the negative direction it makes line-like curves. I’m trying to see if there is any relation between this information and what is happening.

Internalize data = internalize 3d model without sending 3dm file.
Your last upload showing nothing, only gh. so we could not help

internalizing data has not been a solution yet.
Anw, Have you internalized and re-uploaded to forum, then we could check again?

Sorry! Here is the file with the internalized data. Prateleiras parametricas.gh (10.2 KB)

For inward direction, you could add fillet component

Thank you Loc! I can see that you solved the problem, but I’m doing the same thing that I see in the image and only the first shelf works properly. Could you share the file so I can see what I’m doing wrong?

I only add one component to your gh. Pls. check it.
Prateleiras parametricas (add).gh (12.9 KB)

Really don’t know why I opened your file and the upper shelves were not showing up. I closed Rhino, opened it again and then all of them were there. Anyway, now I have what I needed. Thank you so much! Hope I can help others in the future!