RhinoInside Forms

The RhinoInside example “WinFormsApp” exemplifies in a simple way how to embed rhino in our own application.

But is it possible to use rhinocomom to draw directly in this viewport? How can I pass all the features to this viewport1?

Thanks

Hi @MatrixRatrix,

What viewport? You mean a Windows form created by your host application? If so, then no.

However, you might try embedding a RhinoWindows.Forms.Controls into a form. You’ll need to reference RhinoWindows.dll in your project. I don’t have a sample of this, but can probably cook one up if needed.

– Dale

HI @dale,

Can you please provide me a simple example?

Thanks.

Hi @MatrixRatrix,

Have you seen this?

https://github.com/mcneel/rhino.inside/tree/master/DotNet/WinFormsApp

– Dale

Hi @dale,

Yes , I use this sample was example, but I need all control on this viewport Form, I
need draw direcly , snap, get objects ect, Is it possible or is this viewport only for viewing models and little else?

Thanks

Then you will need to show the Rhino main window, as the ViewportControl is only for viewing.

– Dale

Thank you @dale,

And how about incorporating main into my form? is possible?

Thanks

Hi @MatrixRatrix,

I don’t know how to do this - sorry.

– Dale

:sob: Thank you.

We can always add features to the ViewportControl, but we can’t do everything at once. Can you help us understand exactly what it is that you need this control to do?

Hi @stevebaer,

I have some plugins where I use some skins to create my own environment,
I have several custom functions, and many rhino functions are disabled,
I have a login system and i need more control in all rhino operations, I basically use all the interactivity that the viewports provide .

Using skins makes my plugins more difficult, I don’t have much control and there is usually always some conflict between my skins and the rhino itself.

So I thought about testing rhinoInside and analyzing how far I can go using my own installation with the rhino engine.

Basically, I need to perform all the basic functions of rhino in this viewport, mouse interaction, snap, selection, views etc., I don’t know if I made myself understood?

Thanks

It does sound like this is going to be too big of a project to really get anything useful for you in the ViewportControl in any sort of decent time. The skin approach is probably still your best bet.

Thnaks