RhinoCycles not available

Apparently not for everyone, according to a couple of other threads here… --Mitch

I will have to leave this for @nathanletwory to answer - but as I understand it, all the right files are in the installer, it’s just that the versioning is wrong on the files so some of them are not being properly replaced.

I would imagine that the installer “Repair” option would also work.

The ccycles.dll and raytraced mode crashes should be fixed in newer builds. However, there were also reports about a runtime dll. This is separate from the error I fixed.

My first guess would be to ensure users have the proper C++ runtime installed, but I am not sure what the DLL as mentioned in WIP failes to load and Latest WIP error is part of. At least it isn’t something that is used by RhinoCycles.

edit: quick search on the internet yield http://superuser.com/questions/986496/missing-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-1-1-0-dll

/Nathan

@nathanletwory, i guess i have after brian recommended to update it in this thread. The error which prevented the WIP from opening seems related to the missing dll mentioned in your post above mine. After updating, i can open Rhino but still the same warning as @DavidWood posted comes up. If i choose cycles display mode, rhino crashes.

c.

Reinstall fixed this problem and added the cycles display port option. Looking good!

With the installer that introduced the incomplete Cycles update you will have to reinstall Rhino. Newer builds have this problem fixed. I am expecting a new WIP release today if everything goes as planned. If you get updates through the options dialog you should get whatever is more recent.

If such an update exists and is applied, but the problem persists please notify me.

Thanks,

/Nathan