To celebrate this release, they are offering 30% discount for purchases within the first 60 days!
RhinoCFD is a general purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software plug-in, built directly into the Rhino environment. It gives users the ability to investigate the interaction of their model with the surrounding fluid. This allows for rapid optimization and testing, all without leaving the familiarity of the Rhino environment.
It is easy to use and intuitive through simple and focused menu systems. It also offers a wide range of result visualization options to both inspect and present results easily.
Key features include:
- Cartesian and Cylindrical Polar coordinate meshes
- PARSOL cut-cell geometry detection simplifying the mesh generation process
- PHOENICS structured CFD solver
- Many turbulence model options including RANS and LES
- Radiation modelling
- Post-processing built in to Rhino including iso-surfaces, surface contours and streamlines
- In-program and online help
CFD can be used in any area where fluids may have an impact on a design. Its applications are numerous and already used in a wide variety of industries including:
- Marine: Design of hulls, sails, propellers
- Architecture and building services: External/internal ventilation, HVAC, contaminant dispersion
- Jewelry: Investment casting optimization
- Aerospace: Aerodynamics, turbo machinery, heat management
- Medical: Arterial flow, respiratory flow, effects of non-Newtonian fluids
- Transportation: Drag reduction, combustion processes, emissions testing
Students and academics can claim a 3 month free trial upon proof of status.