RHINO MAC - Toolbar tabs randomly get stretched

Every so often I have an issue where the tabs for the toolbars in Rhino7 take over 1/3 of the window when in fullscreen. I can exit fullscreen and at first it appears the problem is fixed until starting to stretch the window and the toolbar tabs grow instead of the viewport. The only fix I’ve found is to quit Rhino and reopen.

what version are you running?

mac fixes are typically install latest service release, update OS, reset plist.

7.3.2 2021-02-08. I’m avoiding 7.4 for now because of the “fix” to make it so viewports can’t have a unique layer state like layouts. Just thought I’d report the tab bug in case it hadn’t already been addressed.

7.5 is the latest service release, and Is recommended for mac users.

@Scott_Crawford I’m having the same issue but on Rhino version 7.8.2xxx…did you ever find a command or workaround to shrink them again?

I’m on Rhino 7.10.21256 (13 Sep. 2021) and OS Big Sur 11.6 and it has and still happens pretty regularly for me. It always seems to be after I’ve minimized the Rhino window and then re-maximized. It takes up fully half of my window, forcing me to quit Rhino and reload - problem solved, albeit inconvenient as heck. I’m using an external monitor on a 2020 13" M1 Macbook Pro. I don’t seem to recall this ever occurring on my built in retina display on the occasions when I work just on the laptop without the external display (fairly often). Could be wrong on that though. Just my impression/memory. Anybody else see it on the built in display?