There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2014-11-24.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from Rhino for Windows V5.9 (SR9).
Rhino for Mac licensing has been changed and requires you to enter your license key again.
Previously the license for Rhino for Mac was installed only for the current user, and this did not work well for shared Mac computers like in school computer labs. Starting with this WIP release, the license is installed for all users of the computer.
The first time you start Rhino for Mac, it will ask for a license key and then ask for the administrator login and password.
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:
- Rhino for Mac can now import and export SketchUp models.
- The ReduceMesh command is now implemented.
- In some cases Rhino could not be run by all users on a computer. This has been fixed.
- In a few cases Rhino would report “Failed to save the Rhinoceros 5 Standalone License”. This should be fixed.
- There are further tune ups for trackpad handling.
- Save As Template now works in OS X Yosemite.
- The Ortho button in the toolbar would sometimes be highlighted incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- A long standing problem with occasional crashes in Zoom Window seems to be fixed.
- Other crashes have been fixed.
If Rhino is crashing when opening or saving models and you have DropBox installed, please upgrade OS X Yosemite to 10.10.1. There is a bug in the initial distribution of OS X Yosemite that causes this crash.
Please report any problems you find in the Rhino for Mac support forum.
Rhino for Mac now requires a license key.
Requires latest version of OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), OS X Mavericks (10.9), or OS X Yosemite (10.10).