Rhino file - size of elements in MB

@Jarek - OK… give it a try. I don’t say I did it (block instance support) in a smart way but it seems to work so far in my tests. “Trust but verify”

-Pascal

hmm… this one does not work at all over here… I may do some more testing but with the file I tried before nothing gets selected/labelled with a treshold of 5000 even though there is plenty of block and non-block objects…

This is the code, right?

Find and highlight objects with high polygon counts · GitHub

Yeah… that should be right. Works here. Let me just attach what I have the old fashioned way and see if that does anything on your end.

FindHighPolyCount.py (5.2 KB)

@Jarek - if it does not work, shout - it seems good here but my test cases are pretty limited…

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
Can I suggest that you add a revision number to avoid confusion, please?
Thanks

Luca

One of the nice things about gists is that you can see all of the revisions. The most recent version is always presented.

sorry to ask. How do I instal this .py file to run in rhino?

I just see there is a run command then select the .py file, is this best way?

This is how I do it myself. If you follow up from the beginning of the thread, Pascal has given precise indications.

Hello -

Any luck?

-Pascal

RunPythonScript works fine, thanks guys for your help. Much apprciated.

Works great Pascal - exactly what I needed. And its quite fast! Thanks so much.

I don’t use the Memory switch, but when enabled, the script throws this error:

–jarek

hm… Checking, thanks.
I’m not getting that here - maybe I’m lucky - if you see that again, can you tell me what line is called out?
Maybe I accidentally fixed it in the latest - it is posted to that ‘gist’ link

thanks,

–Pascal

if i run this code on a simple file (chair attached) you can see the sizes it creates. but when I save the file it is much smaller so something is not right…!

the file saved is 1.9 mb but the code says the chair seat is 20mb…

Screenshot_2|476x500 chair-size.3dm (1.9 MB)

Hello - I get a memory estimate for that object of

but the polygon count is more in the range that you show though not the same, here (22,099 triangles)

So something is out of sync…

-Pascal