Rhino 7 WIP is only for Rh6 users?

Hi there, I am trying out the new Rhino 7WIP (thanks, the new features are a God send) and I had a question about licensing: someone I know is still working on Rhino 5 and has not made the jump to 6 yet, but he wants to try the version 7 site he has seen all the new features - is it really only licensable with Rhino 6 or can previous version users try it out too?

Yes, that’s the way it works. People who have upgraded to the latest version have the privilege of trying out the WIP.

Also, in the current stage, the WIP is actually using your V6 license key.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply :slight_smile:
So no WIP fun for the poor guy? That’s a shame… but I suppose that when Rhino7 is purchasable, he will be able to make the jump.

He’ll be able to test the evaluation version of Rhino 7 once it is released indeed.

1 Like

Probably when the WIP becomes a Beta just before the actual release, there will be a “public” test phase as well.

1 Like

He can make the jump right now for the small sum of $495 plus tax and get a free Rhino 6 license as a bonus as well as retain his Rhino 5 for use as required. Maybe cheaper if he has a friendly reseller.

1 Like