New tools for mold making include enhanced parting line and parting surface creation tools.
- Parting Lines are created using the Create Draft Curves button in the DraftAngleAnalysis dialog box.
- Parting Surfaces can be created from part lines using the RibbonOffset command.
- Download Rhino 7 WIP for Windows or Mac
- Run the Draft Analysis command, and select the Add Curve checkbox. See below for more details.
- Run the RibbonOffset command. See below for more details.
- Developer can use these calls in RhinoCommon for use in C# and Python:
- Ask questions and give feedback on the WIP Forum.
This is a work in progress feature and we are looking for feedback.
How to access both commands:
Draft Analysis Split curves: The standard Draft Analysis panel now has check boxes to create a curve at the Maximum, Middle and Minimum angle. The draft vector can also now be set.
RibbonOffset: Use the new RibbonOffset command to create split surfaces across a mold.