Rhino 6+7 Crash

Hello,
i was recently working on a render and my rhino crashed. When i tried opening again rhino, it would close while still in startup. I reiinstalled the program, uninstalled vray and enscape, but still, the same problem occured. When i tried installing a previous rhino version, the same exact problem appeared!
Any thoughts?

(my video drivers are up to date)

Run the Rhino command SystemInfo and post the results here.

Rhino 6 SR13 2019-2-27 (Rhino 6, 6.13.19058.371, Git hash:master @ 17cd8b51accbe17dd04b48028f49d5e77a67f17b)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-02-27
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 14Gb)
Machine name: ZAFEIRHS

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: AMD Radeon™ Graphics (AMD) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 4-7-2023 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 Compatibility Profile Context 22.20.44.56.230407

Secondary graphics devices.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 5-15-2023 (M-D-Y).

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: On
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: Unknown
Render version: (null)
Shading Language: (null)
Driver Date: 5-15-2023
Driver Version: 31.0.15.3197
Maximum Texture size: n/a
Z-Buffer depth: n/a
Maximum Viewport size: n/a
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.13.19058.371

You’ll want to update to the last Rhino 6 (6.35)

https://www.rhino3d.com/download/archive/rhino/6/latest/

Then go into your graphics settings and ensure that Rhino is using the Nvidia card (OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0)

also in safe mode, a message pops up, about plug in loading problems

SafeMode disables the video drivers and all Plugins (including the ones that ship with Rhino)

If you go into Properties for example it will ask to load the needed Plugins (say yes) then you can disable a 3rd party plugin that is crashing (for example)

1 Like

how do i do that in safe mode?

and why does this happen both in rhino 7 and in rhino 6 across different versions?

First thing is to update, second is to get Rhino using your Nvidia card (Open GL)

Since it’s happening to both, the video card setup most likely. You’ll eventually have licensing issues if you don’t update the Rhino 6.

true. I just dont seem to figure out where do i change the graphic card in rhino. In Document Properties, view, openGL, there seems to be no option

See these instructions

1 Like

solved it! thank you very much