KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) announces a Research Position:
The Computational Design and Fabrication research group of Helmut Pottmann at KAUST is seeking a qualified research engineer to work on innovative research in Computational Design and Fabrication. The research involves mathematics, computer science, architecture, and design, and thus our multidisciplinary group is composed of experts from these fields. Ongoing projects are in architectural geometry, fabrication-aware design, computational fabrication, and discrete differential geometry motivated by applications.
- Advanced degree in architecture or related fields (M.A., M.S.level)
- Experience in parametric design
- Understanding of architectural geometry
- Excellent Rhinoceros/Grasshopper skills including scripting
- Experience in model building and digital fabrication
- Practical experience in video editing
- Good English language skills
- Interest in new inter- or transdisciplinary challenges
If you strive for excellence and skilled and highly motivated to participate in interesting research projects at the interface between geometry and architecture, please apply now.
- Application deadline: December 15
- Employment start: Early 2021
More information on the CDF Group at KAUST is available at https://cemse.kaust.edu.sa/org/cdf.
In case you have any questions, feel free to contact Florian Rist.