"Render Animation", timeline moves, but objects and view location stay fixed

Hello everyone,
Basically it comes down to this:

• the model is 180 Mb, the animation has 3700 ticks, roughly 50 views (key frames, so no named views).
  • when using the time line slider every object moves in the right direction, every view is nicely timed.
    But:
    When using “Render Animation” the objects do not move and the camera stays in place. At the same time the timeline slider is moving tick by tick. So I end up with hundreds of images that are 100% identical, except for the filename.
    What am I doing wrong? Please help (!)

It sounds like the animation is turned off in that particular viewport. Go to Bongo → Animation Manager and make sure the viewport is active.

Thanks for answering…rookie mistake. This message pops up when the rendering starts. And I figured it could not render before switching it off. That being said I don’t understand why the message appears at all. Anyways: Thank you very much!

Here’s why is appears and how to avoid it.

WHY:

You have created an animated view-camera. By panning / zooming / rotating that view-camera, you have modified its animation.

An example is when you place the camera on a path, so it’s fixed to an exact spot at every tick-frame. Now, you pan the viewport, which means, you just YANKED the camera off of the path. Bongo pops up the alert to ask you if you want to disable the animation – so you don’t delete it.

##HOW TO AVOID:
Create a Named View in your perspective viewport, for example ‘Animated Cam1.’ You can now leave all of the animation active in the Animated Cam1 – and work in other viewports.

IF you need to navigate in a perspective viewport, just change one of the other viewports to perspective or make a new viewport.

The message appears when you manually (mouse-wise) manipulate a view (zoom, pan …) which is ‘Animation enabled’. Either you control the view or Bongo does, but never both simultaneous.

Hello Luc,
Thanks for your reply. That’s what I figured also, but for some reason it sometimes appears and sometimes not. Perhaps it has to do with the mouse wheel clicking in place or something. Anyway: now that I am aware of the issue it solves everything. Thank you, Koert.

Great tip! To have two similar viewports, one named and one animated. Works very well.