Remove overlapping lines

H all, is there a way to remove or identify overlapping lines that are not the same length?

Thank you

Stylianos

Thank you for this question! It´s a thing I am missing the whole time… SelDup just isn´t enough.

1 Like

Good question. Was looking for this, too, today.

I was hoping that someone from the @theoutside or the McNeel team can help with my original question.

“is there a way to remove or identify overlapping lines that are not the same length?”

SelDup needs to be expanded…

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

Stylianos

Hi Stylianos - there is no tool for this, but CurveBoolean can help in some cases to simplify a loop of overlapping curves.

-Pascal

Hi @pascal, I appreciate your feedback. I will give it a try when applicable. Any chance a tool like this will be created? or the SelDup command will be expanded with options that will encompass this functionality?

Thank you

Stylianos

Hi Stylianos - SelDup is not a complicated command - it finds exact duplicates in the data base, with a few refinements like ignoring curve direction. But a tolerance based dulicate finder, which is what you (and many others) are asking for, is a different ball of wax. It is on the list of things to do, I do not know how near the top… I believe one or more scripts are out there that do a pretty good job - possibly one by @Helvetosaur …?

-Pascal

Thank you @pascal, I really appreciate your feed back.

Stylianos

This is what I have-

These mimic more or less (mostly less) the ACAD function ‘Overkill’:
RhinoKillV0.py (5.4 KB)
RhinoKill2DV6.py (3.6 KB)

As far as selecting “near dupes” I have only something for curves:
SelNearDupCrvs.py (5.0 KB)

HTH…

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Helvetosaur.

I really appreciate you sending these scripts over!!

Stylianos