Problems with Rhino Level 2 Training exercise 24 Cutout

Hi there,

I am currently working through the Level 2 Rhino training document and have come across a small problem I can’t quite work out. It is in Chapter 9 Exercise 24 ‘cutout’ in the section titled ‘trimming the sides and the scoop’.

When I extend the bottom edge of the bottom fillet to the end of the ‘floor surface’, the projected line takes a different path to what is shown in the example image (see comparison images below). I was working from the example model ‘Scoop 005.3.3dm’ so that any previous mistakes I might have made wouldn’t be a problem.
If anyone could shed some light on my problem I would be very very grateful i was working from the

I am currently using Rhino for Mac and am aware that the training is written for Windows.

Many Thanks!

Hi Joseph - use the ToPoint option in Extend - then you get to put the end point where you want it, it won’t just do its own thing.

Is that better?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for the quick response! After a break from the exercise I took your advice and played around with the different modes and line types. It worked by using ExtendCrvonSrf . To extend the outer curve of the outer fillet I used the Arc setting on the ExtendDynamic function.

Thanks, Joe