The following recent posts concern sectioning and layouting. I am pasting them together in order to give an overview.
- Section tools for architectural documentation
- Text Styles and annotation enhancements
- Wish V6: Better Layout Management
- Clipping Plane wish
- Clipping plane options wishes
- Section Drawings are not possible
- V6 wish : Arrange layout tabs
- Control Panels
I think McNeel should undertake sectioning/layouting as a major project for the future. Rhino is great in all the geometry fields (modeling, scripting, grasshopper, etc.), also import/export is awesome, but illustrating drawings and layout for printing is not working as well as in other programs (see examples here Section tools for architectural documentation). Unfortunately it is still needed daily in most businesses. The recent number of topics and activity in the forum should hint at a major shortcoming in this area.