calculating volume+weight of 3D models a lot with this quick workflow:
- open 3D model with Rhino
- CMD+A (to mark all visible items)
- type “volume”, hit enter
- single click with the mouse cursor on the calculated value in the status line (bottom left)
(status line bubble pops up)
- double click calculated value in bubble to mark value and CMD+C (copy value to clipboard)
- CMD+Space (to open Alfred or Spotlight)
- CMD+V then type “/1000*(Wert, Relative Dichte)” to calculate weight in gram (working metric with 3D models in millimeters)
When clicking on the status line (bottom left of screen) to open the bubble, displaying the command history and resulting values of measurements, the bubble stays persistently open on top of the screen even when switching to another application (it stays on top and hides anything beneath it).
You have to specifically close the bubble to continue to work on other applications.
bubble stays persistent on top when switching to other application
bubble should move to the background, as the rest of Rhino UI when switching to other applications
make it possible to double click directly onto the value displayed in the status bar without having to open the bubble and CMD+C to save value to clipboard (saves a step in the workflow)
Mac OS X 10.10.5
MBP 15" Retina 2015 on external 4K thunderbolt display