Possible Inputs and Outputs for Rhino Compute scripts

Hey @AndyPayne @stevebaer ,
how can I have text outputs with my gh scripts when using Rhino Compute?

I would like to have something like in the panels herokuapp example: Panels (compute-rhino3d-appserver.herokuapp.com)

When I try it myself with a normal text component, it doesn’t work. What’s the trick?

Also how can I make points as input as the Metaball Table example? Metaball Table (compute-rhino3d-appserver.herokuapp.com)

I don’t find any information on these things.
Thanks for the help

Laurin

Hi Laurin,
I would recommend first using Hops to work with getting the proper inputs and outputs set up in your definition. Hops is a great prototyping tool to get everything started. Once you have things working with Hops, you can right click on the hops component and export the “last solve response” to see what json is being sent from compute back to hops. This will be the exact same data sent back to the app server when running in a web browser.

1 Like

Hi @stevebaer,

thanks, the hops work locally now for me, but how can I access the gh files from my Azure remote desktop with hops? I don’t really get where I need to store the files on the remote desktop.

Thank you!

Laurin

You can set the path in the hops component to any URL where there is a valid hops-compatible grasshopper file. For example, you can set the path in hops to this: https://github.com/mcneel/compute.rhino3d/raw/master/src/hops/definitions/SpikeyThing.gh and it will go and locate that file and then pass that on to whatever rhino.compute server you happen to be talking to.
Hope that helps.