Pop-up menu bug - Cascade as menu

As a short video is worth a thousand words…

When activating Cascade as menu option, the pop-up menu has an annoying bug with cascades.

Hello - can you please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results?

-Pascal

Rhino 7 SR28 2023-2-27 (Rhino 7, 7.28.23058.03001, Git hash:master @ 4ffc5d7156fbccf2a5d9fcc80e522b3851bc7f6c)
License type: Commerciale, build 2023-02-27
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 11 (10.0.22000 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Unplugged [98% battery remaining] ~48 minutes left

Hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 5-26-2022 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 1-28-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 511.65
> Integrated accelerated graphics device (shares primary device ports)
- Video pass-through to primary display device

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 1-28-2022
Driver Version: 30.0.15.1165
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\maxim\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\Iris\0.7.1\Iris.V7.rhp “Iris” 1.0.0.0
C:\Users\maxim\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\eleFront\4.2.2\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 1.0.0.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Users\maxim\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\PanelingTools\2021.3.2.446\PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Users\maxim\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\SectionTools\2021.4.30.511\SectionTools.rhp “SectionTools”

Hello- does this happen if you disable Elefront in Options >PlugIns page, and then close and re-open Rhino?

-Pascal

Yes it does :frowning:
It also happens on my other machine where I don’t have Iris installed at all so I guess this other one is not the problem either.

Hello - is this correct: the problem is then when cascaded as a menu the top button command is executed before the menu cascades?
Are you clicking once to show the Popup toolbar, and then clicking again and holding the mouse, or clicking once and keeping the mouse down as you find the Hide button.
I cannot so far reproduce the behavior I think I am seeing in the video clip, both ways work correctly here.

-Pascal

1 Like

Exactly

Middle mouse button click to show the toolbar, release, then left click on the triangle then release. And I would expect a left click on whatever command I’d like but the main command is launched before.

I do not experience the issue if maintaining the second left click and going to the command, then release.

I have the issue on two machines on my side, and one student also has it.
Another trainer in the team does not. He has customized his pop-up toolbar to be fully vertical. Don’t know if this is causing it.

Correction - behaviour confirmed on two other machines including my colleague’s one. He first tested without releasing the left click which as said above does not produce the bug.

I actually did not know it was possible to maintain the click throughout navigating, is it the intended way to use the cascades ?