"Point on Curve" Inputs

Hello!

I was wondering if there is an Input similar or equivalent to “Point on Curve” that can be used as a parameter on the interactive part of shapediver. (That allows me to control the location of a point on a line without using any real numeric dimensions but rather a range from 0.0 to 1.0)

Hi @camilo,

Point on Curve is NOT the same as Evaluate Curve (Eval) - sorry for my previous ignorance - with a number slider from 0.0 to 1.0 for t, but should work in your case. t represents the parameter of the curve domain to evaluate (where your point will land). If your curve domain is not from 0.0 to 1.0, you can simply reparameterize the C input of the component, to achieve just that.

Point on Curve is not the same as Evaluate Curve. It is the same as Evaluate Length. Evaluate Length and Point on Curve use Normalized Length which is different than Evaluate Curve which uses parameter space.

For instance 0.5 with Point on Curve and Evaluate Length will be the midpoint of the curves length. 0.5 with Evaluate Curve will be halfway of the curves domain parameter space which does not always line up with the curves length.

Hi @camilo, please let me know whether I understood correctly: You would like to be able to specify a curve in Grasshopper, which would then appear in the ShapeDiver viewer and allow picking a point on that curve. The curve parameter of the picked point should then be fed as a parameter back to the Grasshopper model. Is that correct? What’s the use case you are working on?