Hei igjen, Jason -
No takers among the super-scripters around here, it looks like…
I’ve taken a look at that file but before inflicting a Grasshopper definition on you, two more questions:
- The input is rather messy
- some roof edges are broken up into small pieces
- some roof edges are joined to include 2, 3, or even 4 edges
- the roof edges are not horizontal and don’t form planar surfaces
- some roofs appear to be upside-down
- Question: did you already modify some of these or is this the state in which you get them? I’m assuming that this is how you get them and my definition tries to work with this input. If the input is different from this, the definition needs to be something else.
- Are you running Rhino 7? The definition that I am working on requires selecting 2 roof curves and 1 roof type (I only have regular gable roofs and hip roofs). The constant interaction with the Rhino viewport makes it much more comfortable running this definition with the Rhino 7 GrasshopperPlayer command so that you don’t have to deal with navigating in both the Rhino viewport and the Grasshopper canvas. I can get rid of the GrasshopperPlayer components if you need this in Rhino 6 but it’s probably going to be a pain there. I can turn it into a Rhino plug-in…
Also, how automatic is that SU plug-in?