Please help me to understand how to align objects tangentially to a curve at multiple points

Please help me to understand how to align objects tangentially to a curve at multiple points. I have created a simple GH to help to show what I mean. I want the diamonds to rotate to be inline with tangents of one curve, either curve doesn’t really matter for me to learn.Please help how to align diamonds to curve tangent.gh (5.4 KB)

I think you probably want them oriented as shown, but I gave you the option of rotating them 90 degrees.I could also be wrong about which curve you wanted…

Please help how to align diamonds to curve tangent -b.gh (10.3 KB)

align diamonds to curve tangent_2020May05a.gh (15.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Ethan, very much! Looks perfect from here, I’ll take a closer look and this will be the finishing touch on a much larger GH! Thanks again! Jay

Ah great, I see now that Horizontal Frame was my missing link! I was searching and searching for something with tangent in the name. Thanks again!

Oh funny, I thought I downloaded Ethan’s but downloaded yours Joseph, thank you also! Now I have to in fact check out Ethan’s to see if he used a different method that I can also learn from.

Ok, so now how do I handle this data management issue?align diamonds to curve tangent_2020May05a J.gh (12.2 KB)

Maybe something with trees, I haven’t learned that yet…