Parameter Node - Improvement Request

Hi guys,

I have started to use parameter node quite often lately. But I have one improvement (sort of) idea for the node. Let me show it in a case:

I have started by selecting the Wall Base Constraint parameter. First I selected Model category, then Walls and finally I selected Base Constraint parameter.

Then I realized I actually needed Top Constraint. But when I right click on the Parameter component, it doesn’t show what it is and I have to start all over. First select Model category then Walls and finally Top Constraint. I know it is not much but it just makes me uncomfortable :sweat_smile:. I am expecting to see the parameter I selected but cant :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Noted.

I usually query 1 of the elements and use Inspect or the Query Elements Parameter, from there the key can be used downstream or internalized.

Or you can search the Built-In Parameters

I know I can use Built-In Parameters but there are multiple parameters with the same name. Using parameter node comes handy because I can filter parameter from up to down.

I added this to the next release.

2 Likes

Hi,

You can switch to “Daily Builds” channel from the Options dialog and test it now if you like.

Keep in mind that files you save with a Daily Build version may not open on a previous version, so please do backups of your files.

3 Likes

thanks @kike, It works just as expected.