Parameter local save and upload example

Hi Guys,

I’m a real beginner/hack when it comes to Javascript but managed to put together a couple of functions using the SD Couch demo to save a text file locally with all the current paramaters and also upload the same file back. Giving users the ability to return to a design in the same state as when they saved it.

I need this for my own use once I get a Pro SD account - but I’d thought I’d share here in case anyone else might need this in the future.

HTML and JS files in the ZIP file + FileSaver.js which is needed.

SD download_upload example.zip (4.3 KB)

1 Like

Also a note to the Shapediver team - the demo/examples and the documentation is in varying states - I ran into issues with demos using older API versions etc.

Could be worth cleaning this up - would have saved me a few hours…

Cheers

DK

Thanks for sharing your script, that should be useful to many ShapeDiver users. We will have a way to save and load states out of the box in the future but it will take a while.

Regarding the API documentation, it would also help us if you could point to the specific broken examples or pages so we can update them faster.

I will do just that for you Mathieu, notes are in my office, I’ll send thru a message in the morning.

Thanks again guys for your awesome product, I’m firing up my Pro account this week.

Cheers

DK

You can check out this in action on my project here:

https://www.karorocad.online/

@Mathieu I will get back to you as soon as I get a chance - there is a format difference in the returned object between the version of the API I used for the original and this production project - which took me bit of work to track down.

Cheers

DK