Ordering problem data

unhandled

(Edward) #1

I have a problem with moving the z-values of a certain area.
I cannot solve it.
Do you know how to solve it (see image and file)?

Order problem 1.gh (33.3 KB)

(Erick Vásquez) #2

use sift pattern instead of cull pattern to preserve the index, and then combine data.

(Edward) #3

Thank you Erick for your response.
I tried it, but it gave me the same result.

Hmmm… I think it is in the ordering of the curves that let the z-values 'jitter.'
Are you familiar with that?

In my opinion, this method is considered to be simpler…

Order problem 1_re.gh (43.7 KB)

(Edward) #5

Thank you for your response.
Yes that is true.

But, when you want to use different regions, so, region A has max height A and region B has max height B, it is not possible with the simpler method to create such region differences.
Therefore, I tried to use the component points in curves to create this kind of certain complex.

Later on, I want to add more regions and seperate curves to mark those region types.

Then, check this as well… Clipper plugin is required…

Order problem 1_reV2.gh (54.6 KB)

(Edward) #7

Thank you.
You use the join curves component in your script. I want to use it without this component. Because without I can make it possible to make different regions.

Do you think that is possible?

I don’t understand what you mean by “different region” anyway, as you wish…
Without it(Join), the result will be the same…

(Edward) #9

Sorry for my confusion and, thank you.
You solved my problem.

This one is more robust than previous one…

Order problem 1_reV3.gh (55.0 KB)

(Edward) #11

O wow, thank you.

I still have one question. In the begining I tried to link it to the single curves, not to the region boundry around the curve. I tried to use more curves and regions, but, then, the regions get bigger and so does the hill curvature.
I still have the same problem. In the image I cannot order it correctly.

Do you know another way around?
The closest to point component does not order the z-values correctly.
Order problem 1_reV3.gh (68.9 KB)

Explain first why did you remove the Graphmapper from the code I provided, and why did you connect line segments instead of a single closed Polyline to theCurve Closest Point?

(Edward) #13

Graphmapper Sorry, I had not seen your new message yet and was working in an older version. While I thought I had the answer I just implemented it in the original script without the graphmapper. There is no meaning behind that. I now use your newer version. By the way, where did you get the relay component (the one grey box with black caps on the side)?

Curve Closest Point With curves I can mark where the peak should be. Now the peak is at the point where the region is the largest, but I want to have to peak on the original single curves so I can control the height position very precisely.

I’m running R6 GH 1.0.0005. whereRelaybelongs…

(David Rutten) #15

On GH in Rhino6, double click on any wire to insert relays. And double click on relays to remove them from the wire.

(Tim Stark) #16

I don’t clearly get it. You wannt that the peak is on a curve? May this helps you. It’s basically a curve attractor. May you combine it with @HS_Kim’s script. I don’t know. If I completly missunderstood you, excuse me.

surface_manipulate.gh (11.8 KB)

(Edward) #17

I am happy you try to help me.

So, in Kim’s version, the region border is decisive for the place of the peak (the offsetted polyline is decisive).
But, what I want is to make is a script wherein the original single curves are decisive for the place of the peak.

Now, when more curves are involved, the hills get wobbly instead of continuous.

But, while doing so, letting the original curve decide where the peak will be, the data structure get out of shape.

OK… Check this out.
Try to use the sliders in the Red group.

Order problem 1_reV4.gh (18.1 KB)

(Edward) #19

Thank you again!