Offset on Surface Not Working on Rhino 8

Hi, I’m new to Grasshopper, and I’ve been having an issue with Offset on Surface not working on Rhino 8 when I try to variable offset a surface. The error message only says “curve offset failed.” For some reason, it works just fine in Rhino 7. Is there any way to fix this from Rhino 8?

hi @Ryan_Hodge can you post the file that gives you this error? If possible, isolate the issue without any plugin data.

Ok, I uploaded the Rhino file too since the curves in the script are referenced.
assignment 2.4 6-19.gh (31.4 KB)
assignment 2.4 6-19.3dm (5.6 MB)

Thanks! So it was just the B value on the division that was causing an error? Why does this happen?

The error occurs in those cells where the offset value too large produces a null element.

Got it. Another issue I had with my code is that the offset occurs vertically, but it should work perpendicular. I attached the example of the code my professor gave us to work with, and everything that I have in mine matches up correctly, but it’s just not displaying right. This was also happening on Rhino 7.

With just looking at the picture it’s hard to understand what the problem could be.

My professor put in pictures throughout the script that shows an example, but I’m not sure why the offset on mine doesn’t look like that.