Octane scene loading

Hi Daniel

The OctaneRender for Rhino plugin does a complete reload of the entire scene each frame when rendering from Bongo. This is because the plugin cannot access the individual geometry object transforms from within the RhinoCommon API (in fact, RhinoCommon provides all geometry in world coordinates, not local coordinates with an object transform). It may be possible in the future to incorporate Bongo API access to obtain the geometry transforms each frame, however I believe (and I might be wrong) that there is a Bongo API, and it is C++, which is going to be a problem with the Octane plugin being done in the C# RhinoCommon API.

So in summary, if there was a way to access the actual Bongo geometry positions each frame from the RhinoCommon API, a scene reload would not be needed, and animation would be very fast. This is the way it works on most of the other Octane plugins.

Regarding running out of memory with all meshes being live - I’m not aware of any issue with this, and it has possibly been corrected in the latest version (there have been over 20 releases since the demo version that you are using). If you send me a scene which gives you this problem, I can check for you.

Paul