NXT 5 Ground Plane Alpha - PLEASE HELP

Where has the Alpha Channel option for Ground Plane gone in Flamingo NXT 5? I can’t find it
for the life of me- really frustrating as I use this function all the time! HELP! PLEASE!

Hi Ben,

Apologies on the long delay in response here, this one was missed by any McNeel employees. In the future please email tech@mcneel.com with anything you want to make certain we see internally.

Indeed, the Alpha channel option was lost in the conversion of Flamingo nXt to Flamingo nXt 5.0. I have filed this bug as http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/FL-6159 for future reference and hopefully we can have a solution to it soon for you. In the meantime, it is possible to have both the old and new versions of Flamingo nXt installed in unison.

Hello Ben,

I went ahead and wrote a script that will allow you to turn the Flamingo GroundPlane alpha channel on or off and attached it. Hopefully this will get you going until the bug track issue is resolved. You can run this script using the RunPythonScript command or make a button with the following macro:

!-_RunPythonScript [full path to file]\GroundPlaneAlpha.py

You will have to replace “[full path to file]” with the full path of the folder you download the attached file into.

GroundPlaneAlpha.py (1.1 KB)

1 Like

The script was really usefull! Many thanks from Italy!

Has this been permanently fixed now? Started using nXt5 last week and cant find it. Use this feature all the time and will be bummed if its gone…