No Panes buttons in status bar

Hi. I have recently upgraded to Rhino 6 in windows. The “panes” are not showing in the status bar at the bottom of the screen, eg Grid snap, ortho, gumball, grid references, CPlane etc. Have looked all over options and toolbar settings and can’t find them! Please help!

Hi Sophie - that should be the Rhino Options > Appearance > Show the following items > Status bar setting. Make sure that is checked:
-wim

Hi Wim,
Thanks, I have that checked, but the status bar is empty

Thanks, Sophie - I haven’t run into this before. Could you run the Rhino SystemInfo command and post the result here?
-wim

Hi Wim, have run the command with this result:
Rhino 6 SR21 2019-12-17 (Rhino 6, 6.21.19351.09141, Git hash:master @ 4d373f64ffb55e3a8d607d9618590728d86fb1e9)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-12-17
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Arnold (Courts Engineering)

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 3.9Gb)
Machine name: ARNOLDS_HP

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 10-16-2017 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4835

Secondary graphics devices.
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (NVidia) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 12-24-2019 (M-D-Y).

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: None
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: Intel
Render version: 4.3
Shading Language: 4.30 - Build 20.19.15.4835
Driver Date: 10-16-2017
Driver Version: 20.19.15.4835
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Veesus Arena4D For Rhino 6\Arena4D.rhp “Arena4D” 2.5.0.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Here is a screen shot that may also help explain…

Thanks for that, Sophie.
There’s nothing overly suspicious in that system report but, to rule out a few things, could you run Rhino in Safe Mode and check if that status bar is still missing?
-wim

Hi Wim,
Afraid nothing is in the status bar in safe mode either. what can we do?!
Sophie

Sophie, Please run the Rhino OptionsExport command and post the resulting file here.
Thanks,
-wim

Hi Sophie- I see your supply of RAM is very small (4 GB) to be running Windows 10 - I don’t know that that has anything to do with this problem but I notice it. I gather this has never looked correct, right? It was not OK and then the status bar disappeared? I would try blocking the Arena plug-ins in Options > Plugins page and then close and restart Rhino. I don’t have much hope there since Safe Mode should do the same blocking but have a try.

-Pascal

Also what looks like running 2 fairly hi-res screens… with an 1Gb on board graphics as primary and a 2Gb GeForce which looks to be secondary? In any case the Intel driver should be updated, but I have no idea if that would affect the status bar not showing up…

It looks like Rhino’s main window is not maximized. If so, the status bar could be hidden behind Windows’ taskbar, and the extra gray area at the bottom is due to the height of the Osnap control.

1 Like

Steve - That’s it!!! Omg we feel so stupid! We are sure this never happened with V5, but who know. Thanks so much for spotting that!
Also thanks for all the other responses, will be upgrading the pc very shortly as there really is not enough ram for running the scans we are working with.
Thank you all so much!
Sophie

1 Like