rhino
mac
python

When running:

import subprocess

It gives the following traceback:

Runtime error (ImportException): No module named fcntl

Traceback:
  line 430, in <module>, "/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoDLR_Python.rhp/Lib/subprocess.py"
  line 14, in script

This is required by a grasshopper add-on I want to use that calls webbrowser.py which in turns calls subprocess.

This issue seems to have been fixed in the latest revision of IronPython. I tested 2.7.5 (the Rhino one) with mono, and it crashed as well. But with 2.7.6.3 it works.

Any plan to update IronPython soon?

(Steve Baer) #2

We aren’t planning to update IronPython until the next major version of Rhino (Rhino 6); sorry. Updating versions always runs the risk of breaking things and we have stabilized of 2.7.5 for Rhino 5.

What component requires this functionality? It is surprising since Windows Rhino 5 also doesn’t use the latest version of IronPython

The thing is that subprocess on windows doesn’t not use fcntl, which is a unix component, so it works out of the box.

I’m trying to use a Ladybug and Honeybee for grasshoppper. The first time I encountered this issue was with a module that aims to download a file. To do so, it calls webbrowser.py which in turn calls subprocess.py

(Steve Baer) #4

I’m sorry to hear that, but I don’t feel confident in updating IronPython for a pretty stable product (Mac Rhino 5). We will be updating to the latest for Mac Rhino 6 and hopefully we’ll get a WIP put together sometime in the near future.

Rhino 6 WIP with mac license