New Version V-Ray Next for Rhino, update 2

Hi
V-Ray Next for Rhino, update 2
Added support for Rhino WIP (v7.0) :wink:

https://download.chaosgroup.com/downloads/15615/vray-rhino-56and7-42001-adv
https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VNFR/V-Ray+Next%2C+Update+2

1 Like

IS there any one noticed some odd behaviour in Vray Next 4.20.10 for Rhino?
Where is the Material Conflict dialog?
Without that i can not work with reference linked block files? How can i update materials if there is no material dialog?
What about RTX interactive won’t show the added mapping scale in textures and despite that it ignores the modification previous applied?
What about this new version won’t be able to handle previous materials like glass or simple metals.
What about displacement? Were i can find it in “generic” textures?
What about Asset editor takes a lot of second to open. And most of the times, after a while it freezes all rhino instances.
What about CUDA and CC++ freezes all renders after render a 3000x1500pix images on a good machine desktop?

Why this guys in Chos Group continue to make updates with still a lot of correction to do in previous Vray for Rhino. Why keep moving one step forward if in the end of the day we need to get 2 step back?.

Can any one help me here?
Any suggestions?

1 Like

It happenes to me. Still struggling with it

IS there any one noticed some odd behaviour in Vray Next 4.20.10 for Rhino?

It works very well here.

Where is the Material Conflict dialog?

It’s handled by Rhino now. For example here you can find some infos:

Without that i can not work with reference linked block files? How can i update materials if there is no material dialog?

I don’t understand, the V-Ray materials of the block are shown at the Asset Editor and can be edited.

What about RTX interactive won’t show the added mapping scale in textures and despite that it ignores the modification previous applied?

The interactive render mode shows the current mapping, but doesn’t show the changes. Looks like a bug or missing functionality. I will report it.

What about this new version won’t be able to handle previous materials like glass or simple metals.

No problem here. Maybe it help if you send an example scene to support@chaos…

What about displacement? Were i can find it in “generic” textures?

It works fine. You need to add it from the attribute list before:

What about Asset editor takes a lot of second to open. And most of the times, after a while it freezes all rhino instances.

It works quite well here, only at very complex scene I have seen a slow down. Maybe there is a problem with your card or driver. Or is the card quite old?

What about CUDA and CC++ freezes all renders after render a 3000x1500pix images on a good machine desktop?

I rendered really big renderings per Cuda at a 2080ti without problems. It’s helpful if you use a separate card for the system display which isn’t used for rendering. I use 2x2080ti for rendering and 1x1080ti for display.

Why this guys in Chos Group continue to make updates with still a lot of correction to do in previous Vray for Rhino. Why keep moving one step forward if in the end of the day we need to get 2 step back?.

I don’t understand.

1 Like

Sorry this delay.
Everyone is safe with COVID? I hope so. :slight_smile:

I have a desktop AMD 3950x + 64GB Ram + RTX 2080ti.

About Blocks.
When working in master file with external files linked, in previous versions every time we update any block with vray textures it pops the material conflict dialog. Where are that dialog box? Is any solution or command to turn it on?

About GPU and CPU rendering.
I realised that once start in GPU we have to stay in GPU till the end of the project. If i change Render engine to CPU mode all parameters and lights configured in GPU is going to chane. The final render became different.

For “About Blocks” see here:

1 Like

there’s definitely a material problem with both updates 4.20.01 and 02 in regards to zbrush files (rhino 5), if you apply any smoothing to edges of an imported rhino mesh or attempt to dynamesh it which smooths hard edges and bring it back into rhino there are smoothing borders that are a brighter color edge in the smoothed areas vs the flat areas. I reinstalled last years update and no issue.

Vray for Rhino is always a bad choice. It feels not the same as same version of vray inside others softwares.
:frowning: