New UI: First try using Workspaces

Hi -
I’m probably not the best person to get on this thread as I’ve tried to avoid as many UI elements as possible since pre-Rhino 1 but until someone who knows more about these things chimes in…

I really don’t know what that means. If I understand this other thread correctly, that should still be possible though…

image
I’m not seeing crashes from you. Did the crash reporter pop up? Do you have specific steps that can be used to reproduce that crash?

From the first post in this thread:

This allows for more items to be docked without cramping the tabs.

See my previous post to see where you can change this.

As far as I understand, the size of the containers is remembered to keep things in place. If one user has bigger icons in their workspace and shares that with someone who has smaller or bigger icons, the size of the container will stay the same to make sure that not everything else starts moving around.

That’s the area where you can resize containers.

As for those other issues, @Piotr , could you save your workspace and post that here?

Since this is the first public release of this new feature, I’d venture to guess that things might change. I’m sure the plan is to have documentation in place when Rhino 8 gets released. Until then, please let us know where you get stuck.
-wim