Real-time data flow between the digital and physical world
Firefly connects physical devices with Rhino though Grasshopper for both input and output. The physical devices supported include:
- Arduino connected to LEDS, lights, motors, valves, sensors, etc.
- Webcam streaming
- Mobile devices (iOS+Android) using OSC and UDP
- Internet feeds and search XML feeds
- Kinect game controller including skeleton tracking
- Leap Motion controller
- Microphones and speakers
- Many more…
Other features include:
- Visualize Sensor Data within Firefly / Grasshopper
- Generate code to upload to an Arduino board
- Basic sound input and processing tools
- Datalogging, counting and playback
- Machine Vision toolkit including edge detection, color filtering, convolution filtering and much more.
New features include:
- Rewritten Firefly Firmata with support for Arduino Due.
- Improved Leap Finger Tracking.
- Several bug fixes.
- New components:
- PID loops
- Kinect V2 support
- Bitmap Tracer
- Bitmap Decompose/Recompose & Threshold