Need to have photo of top of item only display in top view?

Hi,
V5
I have photographed top bottom right and left sides as well as both end views of an item.
I PictureFrame top into top view, back into back view,
then placing bottom into bottom view, before I do so , I am seeing the ‘rear face’ of the top view image, gets confusing !
Each image has its own layer as always. But I need all layers on for viewing in perspective mode to keep a mental grip on where I am !
How can I have bottom view NOT display the top view image ?
Having placed bottom view in and moved it 0.01mm ‘south’ relative to the top view image, I thought that might solve it, but its still doing the clashing image facets effect. where two planar faces occupy the very same planar location.

Perhaps the image needs ‘gluing’ to a sheet of white, denying underside view of it !

Steve

and which version of Rhino is this happening in? - you seem from the forum to be using various versions at different times.

Hi,
My posts always start with the version number, V5 in this case,
My go to for hassle free work, crisp CAD pro lines, no ants on fishing line, smooth curves, for when tracing photos and just comforting to view , etc.

Background bitmap I dont think is of use, Picture Frame is my tool for images that need rotating, scaling, 1D 2D etc,

Steve

Have you tried it? IIRC it was in V1. Maybe the command name changed. Check Help!
You were asking for “only display in top view”, now you show perspective?!?
In material panel you can enable double-side and assign different pics for that.
Have a nice weekend.

Hi, Just tried it, and the image wasnt there after finishing the command.
2nd time, its visible but I cannot work with it as I need to.

but I cannot select it to delete it, how does one delete it ?
sussed it command run again and remove.

and for what i do, no use at all !

Steve

You can use the new HideInViewports or IsolateInViewports commands in Rhino 9 beta.


These are the related commands:
HideInViewports
ShowInViewports
ShowSelectedInViewport
IsolateInViewports
UnisolateInViewports