Multiple screens with different DPI scaling

I have issues with UI scaling when using screens with different resolutions and DPI scaling settings. UI elements dragged out to another screen with different DPI scaling don’t scale. In my case, they are tiny and unusable.

1. Left screen: Laptop screen 3840x2400, DPI Scaling 200%, 16 inch
  2. Right screen: Monitor (main screen) 2560x1440, DPI Scaling 100%, 27 inch

Rhino and Layers container properly displayed and scaled on the screen 2.

Scaling of the UI when whole Rhino is displayed in the screen 1.
In reality bigger screen is smaller because the left screen is 16” and the right is 27”.

Container dragged out from screen 2 doesn’t adjust to the DPI scaling settings of screen 1.

Example of properly scaled app.

@Czaja thanks for reporting, I currently can’t test this bug, but in the meantime I wanted to ask, does this work correctly in V7?

Rhino 7 doesn’t have containers, but the floating layer panel scales as expected.

thanks for the added info. Although I have no means to test this, I already logged it here:
RH-76203 moving containers between different screens needs to adapt to screen dpi scaling

1 Like

So i have just installed Rhino 8, and i have the same problem. V7 worked just fine, but V8 wont scale properly between screens. Screens are 3840x2160 (150%) and 2560x1440 (100%)
it looks fine on the 4k monitor, but ridiculous big on the lover dpi monitor…

Same issue here. Worked fine in Rhino 7, however Rhino 8 won’t scale based on which screen the toolbar is in.