More control on tags and text notes?

In a lot of cases for documentation, like detail drawing, Text uses a leader to point at some where. There are also cases that Tags are too big so they need to do the same thing.

Is it possible to give more control of those objects in RiR? For instance, assign the head location for Text, or assign the text location of an tag object.

Hi Hali, A rough workflow using grasshopper to place text, add leaders and then control the leader points locations on various element categories and views seems complex. Or am i making things more complicated than it seems?

Definitely not making things more complicated for large projects. Text notes and tags are essential for the legibility of our documentation. What you described sounds like an ideal GH workflow to me actually. I don’t know if it can be more simplified to location those text or tag objects better.

Your rough workflow sounds complex but it gives possibility of massive control on those objects. Otherwise users have to manually add them. It is not a big deal for simple architectural project. But taking my project for instance, every click in our core model takes 2-10 second for Revit to response and we probably have 10 thousands clicks each day. RiR is a saver in that case, cause it runs on different thread. So things can be organized faster then put into Revit environment.

With some advanced coding (ML maybe), script may be possible to detect overlapping and automatically put them in a location that won’t over lap with each other. It will saves tons of hours when refining the documentation.

I’ve worked in projects that weren’t managed well and i feel your pain.

Adding a leader is fairly innocuous, it only requires a leaderType (Straight L or R, Arc L or R)

re_revit-Text-Leaders.gh (9.9 KB)

You can also add more than one leader to a TextNote.

To Modify the leaders you will need to use the .GetLeader() method which will give you a list of leaders.

Each Leader then can be give a either an Elbow & End point.

I’ll start a feature request, but I’m not seeing particularly a ‘smooth’ workflow on multiple objects. For example that have various Left/Right, end points that actually point to something & horizontal Elbows.

1 Like

Thank you, feeling the pain, but sharing the joy! Happy holidays!

Adding to the above, below you can find tag leader positioning…

TagPositioning.gh (17.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hi,

We have added on v1.12 ‘Annotation Leaders’ component to adjust some of those points on Dimensions, TextNote, IndependentTag and SpatialElementTag.

It also return the Leader curves.

3 Likes

Hi Guys,

The input values doesn’t match to the output values?
Any idea?
thanks

Try removing the End Location input. What is the annotation input?

Hi Japhy,
Good day, here is the working files for this task, what I need to to add a leader on my annotations so that I don’t have to create it manually on each text.

Thank you very much,
Joel

]Dwg File.rws (5.2 KB)
GH for Annotation Leader.gh (16.8 KB)
Working File.3dm (40.8 KB)

I can generate the Revit text and lines but ideally should be a proper leader, having an arrow on each end of line, cheers.

you supplied an work session file but not the files it references.

Never mind. I see what you mean about the Boolean toggle not having triggering the Annotation.

Here i manually added the leader and it then took the points.

Hi Japhy, thanks for a quick reply, I did similar to your pic above, but not sure why it is not working in my end? is there something I missed? cheers.

I had to use the Revit ui to set the True by adding a left justified leader. The points were then taken.

Thanks, Japhy, is there a way to add the Revit ui task inside the GH definition rather clicking each text inside Revit?

Cheers,
Joel

This will add a leader than can then be modified like so.

RiR_Add Leader.gh (9.9 KB)

Thank you Japhy, you are a Champ as always :grinning:

Hi Japhy,
Here is the short video for my GH definition in creating some Revit Annotation using RIR.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hi @Joel_Ocampo

This is fixed in v1.18 now and will be in 1.17.

2 Likes