Minimal path networks

Hi Everyone!

I’m trying to work out how to use the Power Law forces on Kangaroo. I’m trying to optimise my path network into an urban scale. I started with a smaller scale network as you can see on the image attached, but when i try into the urban scale for some reason is not working. It might be the value of the forces but I’ve been through several iterations and couldn’t work it out. I would appreciate some help with it.

180310_Grashopperquestions_v1.gh (12.6 KB)

Thanks in advance!

Maya

Could you post the definition for the smaller scale network as well? I noticed the values used were huge (100000 - 500000 mm) and might cause some precision errors, but changing the units to meters and moving the geometry to the origin didn’t affect anything

Hello! Thanks for having a look! this is the original file :slight_smile:

Wool_Threads.gh (16.2 KB)

Thank you!

Hi.
Check attachment. I’ve scaled it down for faster calculations.
Still can’t find the equivalent goal to PowerLaw in K2, though…

180310_Grashopperquestions_v1_re.gh (14.4 KB)

2 Likes

Just for reference you can also look at

Thank you so much everyone for your help! I think it work out pretty well. You can see few diagrams on the PDF attached.

180315_Tutorial_v1 4.pdf (460.4 KB)

Really appreciate your help!

Maya

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the result of your work. It is always pleasant to see what was the purpose of the question.

And also for the record these posts are related to this one

Hi.

I am currently doing a urban design which is also about applying the concept of minmal parth networks. The question i have is can not find the same component as you post here. So, could you please let me know which version of Kangraoo is that?

Thank you very much.

Kangaroo Physics 0.099
And see the link in this topic and bellow.

Appreciate that.

Now, i have download the right version, and download the script you shared online as well. However, this issue happen do you, do you have any idea of how it happed? and how can i solve it?

Appreciate

Activate timer and reset toggle to false again.

I didn’t go in detail but this look like this, so if it is helpful

1 Like

I am not a professional. But, if you start with studying python while trying to create something too, learn by steps.

To my experience, first start with creating a cube. If you can do that, you can go forward with a next step.

https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoScriptSyntax/

website python tutorial basis cs dojo
website python tutorial grasshopper jake hebbert

Jake Hebbert is my favorite (his tutorials), also those other guys with grasshopper python, but I keep forgetting their names.

With the site of RhinoScriptSyntax, full screen to get the search bar on the left.

unnamed.gh (8.3 KB)

When posting questions on this forum, always post a file and an image.

I think it is difficult to go directly to the thing you have in mind. But I am not sure, maybe you find a way. Succes! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Laurent.This is something very close to what I am trying to work out.
I ll work out the script and let you know.

Hi ForestOwl, I am trying to learn from Designalyze.com, python tutorials by Zach Downey, its a nice platform having tutorials for Python on gh and rhino.Also, thank you so much for the syntax of a cube.I will surely look into it and let you know about further queries.Are you using Python for Rhino 6, because the icon for mine only takes the input of x and ydsfds

And surely from the next time I would post a file and an image alongwith.
Regards

Zoom on icon symbol + will appear, you can also change the name of variable … right click …

1 Like

right mouse button

1 Like

I don’t know if he has exactly what you want, but I think I remember Daniel Shiffman has on his Youtube channel “The Coding Train” a series about graph theories. He’s using “processing” but the logic behind is the same. Maybe you can find some help there :slight_smile:

Done.Thanks!

1 Like

Shortest path algorithm.gh (14.4 KB)

Hello, In reference to the attached grasshopper file.

1.As you can see the branching is only attached by the corner points of the square
how do I change it.How do I define a start point and an end point anywhere in the cube other than the corners.

2.This script follows delaunay triangulation for the nearest path.
How do I provide an angle of 120 degrees between the lines for all branching growth

3.Once I get numerous branching iterations, I need to analyse the structure on Karamba, as you see its a looping process, How do I give a thickness to the branches and bake it.

Thank you for your time in advance.
This is something very very urgent.

Regards
Arya