Mesh Split / Mesh Intersect

Hello,

BUG REQUEST.

I develop C# plug ins using RhinoCommon. I have noticed that the Rhino6 Mesh Split and Mesh Intersect functions no longer work the way they used to in Rhino5.

(i.e. when running a mesh split in Rhino 5 it will successfully split the mesh, while in Rhino 6 it actually deletes one of the split mesh pieces)

As you could guess this is a pretty big issue.

Similarly with the Mesh intersect command is malfunctioning. The Rhino 5 would return one polyline that follows the contour of the mesh, The Rhino 6 version starts the polyline half way through the mesh and continues along the contour, and jumps back to the other side of the mesh to finish the polyline.

I would guess that these two issues are somewhat related. Considering they both use the same type of algorithm under the hood.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy, same here. Have you managed to find a solution?

@Holo I noticed this while working in “our” huge mesh… Any comments (or possible solutions?)

Thank you.

Hi - the mesh intersection code has been rewritten in Rhino 7 - have you given this a try in the current WIP?
-wim

Hi @wim. I have not. If it works i am going to save it in RH V7. Dont know if its a good idea (I guess) since I wouldn’t be able to go back to V5 or 6 with the same file (correct me if i am wrong because im not sure of what i am saying). I suggest you to go to my thread and check the file: Split a Complex Terrain - URGENT

Cheers,

Toni