There is one problem I would like to share and if possible find solution.
I’m using C/C++ SDK for Rhino for Windows plugins.
- I tried to reduce a mesh object with the function from rhinoSdkMeshUtilities.h:
- After this I reduced the same mesh object with Rhinoceros command: _ReduceMesh;
- The problem is the reduced meshes of both operations are different.
I used the same parameters of the reduction (at least I hope it’s so), but the result mesh of the function has lower precision then mesh generated by _ReduceMesh command.
For instance, parameters of the reducing:
0. Mesh object is the same for both operations;
- Parameters of the command _ReduceMesh:
- Reduced by - 75 percent;
- Accuracy of the reduction - max (Accurate);
- Parameters of the function “bool RhinoReduceMesh(…)”:
RhinoReduceMesh(t_mesh, 25 * t_mesh.FaceCount() / 100, true, 10, true);
Is it possible to reduce mesh using the function “bool RhinoReduceMesh(…)” and obtain the reduced mesh similar (or better exactly the same) to the mesh generated with command _ReduceMesh?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.