Match geometry between Revit and Rhinoinside

Hi everyone,

I’m trying for the first time to work with Rhinoinside.

I have a Rhino file and I was following this step:

1. In Revit I linked the RhinoFile origin to the internal origin and pinned
  2. Then I open Rhino inside Revit and open the same linked file. It asked me if I wanted to change the unit because in Revit it is in ft and rhinoceros in inches. I said no to continue.
  3. so i use some centerlines to get my geometry for column and beam in Rhinoinside to Revit, and it works well, but the geometry recreated in Revit is not in the same position of the linked file, it “almost” in the same position, but on a different level.

I still didn’t figure out the proper steps.

how usually do you do in this case?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Lorenzo, welcome.

You’ll want to match the Units of your Rhino to Revit (decimal ft, or mm typically). Grasshopper is unitless and use the Rhino settings. Revit internal units are decimal ft.

Can you post an image of your gh definition?

When working with linked files location may need to be transformed (Orient3D component), like this example. Rhino.Inside®.Revit

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hi @Lorenzo_Glielmi,

The difference here is that Revit inserts the {0, 0, 0} .3DM at the {InternalOrigin.X, InternalOrigin.Y, Level.Elevation} point.
While Grasshopper goes from {0,0,0} to {Internal Origin}.

A workaround in your case if you want to force Revit insert your 3DM at the same coordinates it was saved may be create a level called ‘Internal Origin Elevation’ passing through the ‘Internal Origin’ and use this level when inserting your 3DM.

The origin in my 3DM is at the contact point of both boxes.