This study program specializes in parametric design and digital manufacturing in industrial design, product design, architecture, engineering, interior design, digital fabrication, and related fields, through the creation of physical parametric models and prototypes using as main tools Grasshopper, Rhino and Controlmad CNC machines (laser, 3D printers, milling machine…)
The course is divided into five groups with several units. The aim of every unit is that students can learn new parametric tools based on Grasshopper.
- Group I - NURBS modeling with Rhino, Paneling Tools and Grasshopper
- Group II - Digital fabrication (visits to outstanding parametric buildings)
- Group III - Meshes modeling (Grasshopper for organic design, structural analysis and form finding)
- Group IV- Interoperability (Grasshopper and its connection with Arduino, sensors, data from the Internet, Python)
- Group V- Thesis (individual work on the main interests of the student based on the previous units + V-Ray for rendering)