Master Course in Parametric Design - 400H
January - April 2018 | VIII Edition
This is a unique study program in the world that introduces you to parametric design and digital manufacturing in product design, architecture, landscape, digital fabrication… through the creation of physical and digital parametric models using as main tools Grasshopper for Rhino and a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milling machine.
The course is organized into five groups with several units. The aim of every unit is for students to learn new parametric tools based on Grasshopper.
- Group I - NURBS modeling (Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Group II - Digital Fabrication (visits to parametric buildings)
- Group III - Mesh modeling (Grasshopper for organic design, structural analysis, thermal calculation, and form-finding)
- Group IV - Interoperability (Grasshopper and its connection with Arduino, sensors, data from internet, Python)
- Group V - Thesis (individual work on the main interests of the student based on the previous units + V-Ray for rendering)