Marking Up Text

When I’m marking up annotations on drawings I change the display & print colour of anything with a query to red to make things easier to track. Is there any way I can assign this to a button :- select item, left click to change to red, right click to set it back to its layer defaults?

Create A New Button (In a Toolbar > rightmouse button > new button

Paste this in Left mouse button:

-_properties _pause _O _C _O 255,0,0 _enter _M _O _enter _C 255,0,0 _enter _enter

Past this in right mouse button:

-_properties _pause _O _C L _enter _enter _M _L _enter

See if it suits you :slight_smile:

Many thanks. Display change works perfectly. The print part of it doesn’t seem to work. Can you walk through the list of options called, then I can learn how to sort it out myself in future?!

Command macros are just as if you were stringing a bunch of commands together on the command line. You can see what each step is doing if you type these on the command line. You might find http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/5/help/en-us/information/rhino_scripting.htm helpful.

To set the color and print color, you might want to change them to the following:
-_Properties _Pause _Object _Color _Object 255,0,0 _PrintColor _Object 255,0,0 _enter _enter

and to set it back it would be
-_Properties _Pause _Object _Color _Layer _PrintColor _Layer _enter _enter