Manipulating data in lists

Hello, I am trying to create a series of catenary arches from movable base points arranged along two curves. I want to be able to control the distance between the two base points of the catenary curve along the XY axis using number sliders to create an arched form.

Is there a way to manipulate the location of each point separately in a list? I want the final form to be modifiable, but I am having trouble.

Thank you for your help!

CatenaryForm.gh (20.5 KB)

If you really want to manipulate each point individually you could use the Galapagos gene pool. But you will have to add or substract a slider manually if you change the number of catenaries: CatenaryForm_ME.gh (10.5 KB)

You can use Heteroptera’s GenePool Controller with a list length component to dynamically add/subtract genes in a gene pool

1 Like

And an alternative if you don’t need exact numbers for each base point: CatenaryForm_ME.gh (15.4 KB)

catenary 03

Couldn’t resist a third and final option: gaining more control over the length of the catenaries: CatenaryForm_ME_2.gh (19.5 KB)

Thank you so much! this is exactly what I was trying to figure out. Have a great day.

Mamoun