Lofting results in alien shape

Hello.
I tried to loft between the two edges of 2 surfaces and I get the following result:

. What is there wrong? The two curves which I extruded into the 2 surfaces have similar number of control points.
Thank you.

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Bogdan- can you post a file with the curves? Similar control points is not all there is to getting a clean loft, they need to have the same structure- if the same degree then the SAME control point count and knot spacing etc. See if using the Refit setting in Loft helps.

-Pascal

Thank you for the reply. Here is the file: Zaha Hadid.3dm(1.8 MB)

In the mean time I deleted the surface from the right, rebuilt the curve to have the same control points as the other one, extruded again and now I got a clean loft, though I am not sure what the issue was.

(Pascal Golay) #5

OK- so the edges you are lofting together are of very different lengths- the ‘innermost’ object has a kink between two surfaces and the trimmed egde does as well- that is, there are two edge at the top of one object and only one on the other object. I would either clean up the surfaces, if they are meant to be tangent, possibly MergeSrf them and re-trim, or SplitEdge the longer edge at the same point where the kink appears and make two lofts.

Zaha Hadid.3dm(141.8 KB)

-Pascal