Lofting: i am not able to loft the curves that i duplicated from mesh

Hello there everyone.
ive had a mesh form that was in disk shaped so i thought of duplicating the meshedges and then relofting to get a form again and make some changes to it. but those curves doesnt loft well i tried rebuilding but no luck. iam attaching the curves rhino file if anyone could save me here.
Cheers!

curves tube.3dm (12.9 MB)

Yeah, that is a tough one - I don’t know what Loft’s limits are but that would notmally be vastly too many inputs for a loft even if they were clean and matching curves, which they are not.

@user866 - if you use this script to ease the pain of selection, select say every sixth curve (you will need to add the end one ‘by hand’) , Rebuild to a lot of point - 100-200 - then Loft - the problem is it will be hard to make the surface conform to the twists and variations so you will get ripples - this is not really the way to do this in my opinion - you probably want to build a section (seems to be radially symmetrical) or work with subD but either way I’d use the curves you have, or the mesh that they came from as reference and build the surfaces the more painstaking way.

SkipSelectCurves.py (1.9 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

Thankyou so much. it basically was of help upto some extent.