Info on the sum total of parts and types of objects

Want to know how many objects are in a file and broken down into meshes, surfaces, blocks, I would think it would be in Document Properties but no dice. Thanks.

Here’s a script I use for this -

To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino V4 or v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

FileInfo
HowMany (reports the number of selected objects, if any)

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key).

FileInfo.zip (1.8 KB)

-Pascal

Works great thanks! There is also HowManyScene.

Pascal,

It would be nice if HowMany reported a breakdown by type of object, just like FileInfo, instead of just a count. Or if FileInfo reported pre-selected objects only and all objects if none were pre-selected.

Then it would be a useful option for the wish item I asked for in this topic to have the command line history report the total number and type of selected objects instead of just the most recent addition to the selection.

(By the way, props to Mcneel for having the nudge reporting include both the most recent increment and the cumulative distance. Great addition to V5.)

Hi Mark- see if this is more like it -

FileInfo (2).zip (2.4 KB)

-Pascal

That’s perfect! Thanks, Pascal

You are a Rock Star