Index out of Range for loft?

Dear all,

I’m getting an Index out of range for a Loft I’m trying to do. The Interpolate has an error of insufficent points though the lines come up as I wan them. Its when I go to loft, “Solution exception: Index out of range. Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection.”

Does anyone know whats going on?

Hey,

Maybe start by merging the points before the interpolate, making sur the output is flatten in this case.
Then also merge the two cruves (also flatten).

Is this helping?
If not, please link your internalized file.

1 Like

Loft Issue.gh (61.7 KB)

@antoinemaesantoine
Thank you for your reply. I’ve been playing with that the past hour, cant seem to figure it!. Could you have a look and let me know what you think might be my problem?

Really appreciate it, I’ll owe you a drink. :slight_smile:

-Michael

You have some issues with duplicated points therfore neither polyline nor interpolate command can perform. Check it closely.
I’d love to help you but I’m busy with my stuff.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

So the thing is that what came out of your isotrim was basically 1 valid branch, and 79 empty ones (if I remember correctly).
I just flattened that, and flattened your curves right before the loft.
Didn’t touch the rest :slight_smile:
Is it the result you wanted?

edit: For the drink, tell me if you ever pass by Brussels then :upside_down_face: !

Loft Issue_AMA.gh (67.0 KB)

1 Like

@antoinemaesantoine
Antoine,
Thanks so much for your help, I say I’ll owe you two drinks after this! :slight_smile:

What I’m actually hoping to do is loft the interpolated curve back to the vertical lines the points come from. I’ll attach an Image.

Brussels, that could be done and if it is, I’ll be sure to get in touch! :man_dancing:

Thanks again,
Really appreciate it.

-Michael

@Piotr

Thanks for that. I think when I place “point on curve” from deconstruct brep, its placing two points on the horizontals when I extract them from the Vertices. Ill try sort it that its one.

Thanks and best of luck with your work :slight_smile:

Something like this?

Loft Issue_AMA.gh (66.5 KB)

1 Like

Antoine,

A gentleman. The stress you’ve saved me! :sweat_smile: I’ll now study this and see where I was going wrong.
If I head to Brussels, I’ll be sure to get you that drink. If you come to Ireland, be sure to hit me up!

Thanks,
Michael

1 Like