Import results to Excel

Hi everyone,

I am fairly familiar with other CFD software (phoenicsCFD, COMSOL), and I recently started using Eddy3D but I have a pretty newbie question here:

How do I dump my result files into Excel? I know it is probably through paraview but I couldn’t find any option

For my case specifically, in which I am trying to obtain the wind pressure coefficients of each facade of a building, inside phoenics I could dump the pressure coefficient of each facade separately into an excel file. Is it possible to do that using Eddy3d? I think not since the probing is done automatically through the entire building.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Vitor

Not sure about eddy3d but you can use various plugins to export to excel

1 Like

Am I correct in understanding that you are not asking about exporting Rhino geometry to Excel or importing Eddy3d results from Excel into Rhino?

I interpreted your post as asking how to export Eddy3d results into an Excel file, is that right? It sounds like you read the results into Paraview and would like to export from there into Excel?

Perhaps you could be a little more specific describing your workflow and objective. Then Rhino users who are familiar with what you want to do may be able to help.

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply.

You are exactly right, what I asking about is how to export the CFD simulation results from Eddy3D to excel.

So for my case, I have one specific building (pink building) that I am interested in exporting the wind pressure coefficient values for all 4 facades (north, east, west and south) and the roof.

My workflow is basically to run the CFD simulation, extract the wind pressure coefficient results from the CFD simulation into excel and calculate the average wind pressure coefficient of each facade to input them into an airflow network model for natural ventilation simulation.

Thanks,
Vitor

1 Like

Hi Vitor,

My workflow is basically to run the CFD simulation, extract the wind pressure coefficient results from the CFD simulation into excel and calculate the average wind pressure coefficient of each facade to input them into an airflow network model for natural ventilation simulation.

Eddy3D does not provide such functionality given that there are many plugins that will help you to achieve this task. I’d like to second Adwait’s suggestion which should give you some suggestions to get started.

Best,

Patrick