ICERM (The Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics)
Providence, Rhode Island
This workshop will focus on the theoretical insights developed via illustration, visualization, and computational experimentation in dynamical systems and probability theory.
Topics from complex dynamics:
- Dynamical moduli spaces and their dynamically-defined subvarieties
- Degenerations of dynamical systems as one moves toward the boundary of moduli space
- The structure of algebraic data coming from a family of dynamical systems
Topics from classical dynamical systems:
- Flows on hyperbolic spaces and Lorentz attractors
- Simple physical systems like billiards in two and three-dimensional domains
- Flows on moduli spaces
In probability theory, the workshop features random walks and continuous-time random processes like Brownian motion, SLE, and scaling limits of discrete systems.
Image credit: Alexander E. Holroyd
Picture based on research by Christopher Hoffman, Alexander Holroyd, and Yuval Peres